Friday, May 4, 2018

Card and Tag for my Mom (Paru's Card Making Challenges May 2018 GDT)


Happy Friday! :o)

I was delighted to be asked to be a Guest Designer at Paru's Card Making Challenges for this month, after I won in her March 2018 challenge. :o)

Theme for this month is Mother's Day. Wonderful theme!!


And here is my take on the challenge: Card and Tag for my Mom. :o)


I’ll send these to her as soon as possible to receive them prior Mother’s  Day, which is annually held here in Croatia on the second Sunday of May, as in the most parts of the World.


How I made my card and tag...

To make these two, I used stamps from two Jane's Doodles stamp sets: 'Lily' and 'Mother's Day'.

With some masking, I stamped lilies on a watercolor paper panel and colored them in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I added some shades onto petals with colored pencils. 

Then I heat embossed in black word ‘Mama’, which is Croatian for mom.

I glued the panel on a card base, added some white dots and highlights with white gel pen and my card was finished. :o)



Next up was the tag. I don’t make tags often, so this was quite a challenge for me. The simplest way to deal with this challenge was to go with same design as on the card. I did everything same as on the  card, just skipped heat embossing.

After coloring and drying, I cut the tag shape on my die-cutting machine, punched a hole in a tag, added some ribbon and my tag was finished. :o)


Card dimensions: 95 mm x 127 mm (3 3/4" x 5")

Tag dimensions: 36 mm x 59 mm (1 7/16" x 2 5/16")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Lily' stamp set
  • Jane's Doodles 'Mother's Day' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • watercolor paper
  • white paper (for masks)
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Primary Ebony, Regular, WH00R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Hickory Smoke
  • TOZ Artist Color colored pencils
    • dark yellow
    • light green
    • dark green
    • dark blue
  • Koh-i-noor Hardtmuth Mondeluz aquarel colored pencils 3710
    • light green 25
    • dark green 26
  • Uniball Signo White Pigment Ink
  • blue satin ribbon
  • white thread
  • UHU liquid glue
  • Fiskars High Precission Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Sizzix Big Shot
  • Sizzix tag/label shape thinlits die
  • Ranger Heat It Tool
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • scissors
  • water
  • paper towels
  • powder bag
  • dry cloth

I hope you'll like my Mother's Day projects and got inspired. Stop by the Paru's Card Making Challenge Blog  and see GORGEOUS cards Paru made for this challengeDo join us, we can't wait to see your creations. There are also amazing prizes to be won. Find all the details over at Paru's. :o)

Thank you so much for having me as Guest Designer this month, Paru. It was a great pleasure to collaborate with you. 



I'm linking my card and tag to a challenge:

Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday, April 2018: Mama, Mom, Mother...


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

2 comments:

  1. Just so beautiful, love the colour choice, the card and the tag. Stunning. Have found your blog again, now I will flow again.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...