Thursday, April 13, 2017

Easter Decorations (LMMS Inspiration)


Hi everyone! :o)

It's Little Miss Muffet Stamps Inspiration Week and I made these Easter Decorations: Sheep Magnet and Easter Basket. :o)


I love my last week's card I made for LMMS challenge #160 and a color scheme, so I decided to make Easter Decorations using same image and in same color scheme.

For the magnet I used an adorable LMM's Forgotten Scraps 'Claribella' digital stampI printed the image on a watercolor paper and left it dry couple days to prevent ink smearing. It's enough to leave printed image drying couple hours or through the night. I didn't have time to color it, so it was drying couple days. :o)

I colored the image in watercolor technique using Distress Inks and aquarel colored pencils. After drying, I fussy cut the image, leaving thin white border around it. I traced the image on a magnet sheet, cut it out a bit smaller than the colored image and glued together the magnet and the image. 
I pressed the magnet with a 32 cm x 32 cm, 1 cm thick glass plate and left it pressed for an hour. As a finishing touch, I added white highlights to the image.



Approximate Magnet dimensions: 85 mm x 110 mm

List of supplies magnet:
  • LMM's Forgotten Scraps 'Claribella' digital stamp
  • Koh-i-noor pop Aquarel Watercolor Paper, 250 gms
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks
    • Hickory Smoke
    • Black Soot
  • Koh-i-noor Hardtmuth Mondeluz aquarel colored pencils 3710
    • Light Green 25
    • Dark Green 26
  • Uniball Signo White
  • magnet sheet
  • UHU universal glue
  • scissors
  • printer
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • eraser
  • water
  • paper towels
  • 32 cm x 32 cm x 1 cm glass plate


For the basket I used lovely gingham paper from Lili of the Valley 'Butterfly Kisses' Paper Pad and a white cardstock paper. You can find more details on how to make basket in my old post, here. This one is smaller. I made it from 126 mm x 126 mm square gingham paper.

After I assembled the basket, I attached a handle to it, using brads, so the handle can move. :o)

I decorated the basket with a scalloped border punched stripe, filled the basket with an artificial grass and my basket was finished. It's large enough for a chicken egg. :o)


Lovely crochet hearts in the basket are made by Jane Beljo of Plain Jane. Love them!!! :o)

List of supplies basket:
  • Lili of the Valley 'Butterfly Kisses' 8x8 Paper Pad (green gingham)
  • white cardstock paper
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Long Fastener
  • UHU universal glue
  • double sided adhesive tape 
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • scissors
  • Martha Stewart scalloped paper puncher
  • crafting needle

I hope you liked my today's project and got inspired. For more inspiration, stop by the LMMS Challenge Blog. There's still time to join us in our current Challenge #160 - Anything Goes. There is a prize for one lucky winner: $10.00 Gift Voucher to the LMMS shop. We like to select couple other projects to highlight as well. :o)



I'm entering my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #237 - Make Your Mark
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Crafty Creations Challenges, Challenge #339 - Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, April 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 4th entry to this challenge.

4) Simon Says Stamp, Work it Wednesday March 2017, Spring has Sprung! (flowers, bunnies, Easter themed....)
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.

5) Sweet Stampers Challenge Blog, Challenge #6 - Animals
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

10 comments:

  1. Adorable sheep magnet Milka!! How cute! And the little basket looks so lovely with the gingham paper and the white border! Love the brad and the handle that can move! :)
    I wish you a joyful and sweet Easter!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project Milka.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Milka,
    I love the idea of turning a stamp into an adorable magnet and the basket is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations! Happy Easter!
    Ciao,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous combo Milka. I love your cute magnet and you have coloured it so well.The basket is perfect for little Easter gifts and the colour reminds me of the new green leaves that are appearing round here.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eine wunderschöne Osterdekoration. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
    Liebe Grüße, Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just popped back to say thank you for coming to play at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge Milka.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dein Osterkörbchen ist total süß und das Lamm ist bezaubernd. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers. Freuen uns dich auch beim nächsten Mal dabei zu haben. LG Karina

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! The sheep is just adorable. And I love the little basket. Thanks for joining us at the ATSM challenges. All the very best. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...