Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Lightning Bug Card (Crafty Creations Challenges #295)

http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone :-D 

It´s time for a new challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges.

Our theme for this fortnight is #295 - Chalkboard.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Oak Pond Creations, with an awesome prize for our random winner: 3 digital images.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/OakPondCreations


For this challenge I made this Lightning Bug Card, using our sponsor's lovely digital image 'Lightning Bug Buddies'. I used only one bug for my card.


Image is paper pieced and I used 3 images for this card.

I printed 2 images on a white watercoloring paper and one image on design paper. I colored parts I needed in watercoloring technique, using Stabilo pens (markers), fine brush and water. I learned that from a great video tutorial by Julia Altermann, how to watercolor using inexpensive Stabilo pens. Awesome technique and I love it! :-D

I fussy cut colored parts, colored edges with black Stabilo pen (marker) and glued all pieces over the image printed on design paper.


I used chalk tag, enamel stickers and flair button to embellish my card. 

Card dimensions are 107 mm x 138 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").

List of supplies: 

Stop by the Crafty Creations Challenges to see beautiful dotty creations from my Design Team Mates and join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :-D



I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Clear it Out Challenge Blog, Theme: Anything Goes, Stash: Anything Goes 

2) Papertake Weekly Challenge, Anything Goes

3) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes
This is my 4th entry to this challenge. 

4) Virginia's View Challenge, #17 - Embellishments


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Have a beautiful day, enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

2 comments:

  1. ohmygosh!! i just love that image!!! too cute :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Milka, I like the fun bug image and the design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...