Saturday, August 29, 2015

Franken Bun Halloween Card (Kitty Bee Designs Spotlight)

Hi everyone :-D 

Today it´s my turn to be on the spotlight over at Kitty Bee Designs and I made this Franken Bun Halloween Card


I used cute image 'Franken Bun' from Halloween 2014 Release

Details about my card... 

Image is paper pieced and I used 4 images to create this one. I printed two images on a white cardstock paper and two on a dark green cardstock paper. I shaded with colored pencil parts printed on the dark green cardstock paper and colored parts with colored pencils and Stabilo markers printed on the white cardstock paper. After coloring, I fussy cut all the parts I needed, colored edges with black marker and glued all pieces together. 

Then I stamped sentiment 'trick or treat' from Jane's Doodles 'Winnie Halloween' stamp set. I stamped sentiment couple of times in rows on a white paper. I distressed whole surface with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink using blending tool, sprayed whole surface with water, splattered it a bit and dried it fast with a hairdryer. 

I don't have heat gun, so I use hairdryer for drying wet papers. I would love to have one so I could heat emboss, but I'm fine with that. I always try to use what I have and not to buy new things. :-D 

I teared my 'patterned paper', black cardstock paper and vellum paper, glued them on a white cardstock card base, added 3D foams behind paper pieced image and placed it on a card. 

At the end, I embellished card with homemade black faux enamel dots. I learned how to make faux enamel dots from video tutorial by ScrapTips on YouTube. First I made glue dots with a glue gun on my glass working surface and colored them with Staedtler permanent black pen. After drying, I glued them on card with clear gloss resin.

Card dimensions are 107 mm x 139 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). 

List of supplies:
  • Kitty Bee Designs 'Franken Bun' from Halloween 2014 Release
  • Jane's Doodles 'Winnie Halloween' stamp set 
  • white cardstock paper
  • black cardstock paper 
  • dark green cardstock paper
  • white paper (120 grams) 
  • vellum paper
  • Koh-i-noor woodless colored pencils (Chrome Yellow 1, Reddish Orange 2, Dark Green 5)
  • Stabilo pens 68 (Grey 68/94, Black 68/46)
  • Distress Ink Spiced Marmalade
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen F (fine) 0.6 mm
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black) 
  • UHU universal glue 
  • white water based glue
  • Sakura Quickie Glue Pen 
  • 3-D foam self adhesive pads  
  • gloss resin super-clear 
  • transparent low temperature glue stick 
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm) 
  • Tim Holtz's blending tool 
  • sprayer bottle 
  • tweezers
  • hairdryer 
  • water 
  • Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature 
  • crafting needle 


I hope you enjoyed my spotlight project for this month. Check out more cute images at the Kitty Bee Designs Etsy StoreKitty Bee Designs Blog and Kitty Bee Designs FB. Be prepared for super cuteness! :-D 
http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/


I am entering my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text  is a direct link to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Craft Your Passion Challenges, Challenge #276 - Always Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.in/

2) Hiding in My Craft Room, HIMCR #214 - Freestyle!


4) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD Challenge from August 25th to August 31st 2015


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous CAS card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...