Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cheerful Pond Card (Kitty Bee Designs Spotlight)

Hi everyone :-D 

Today it´s my turn to be on the spotlight over at Kitty Bee Designs. This is my first spotlight ever and I am very excited about it. :-D I made this Cheerful Pond Card, using 'Lily Pad Froggie'.


I decided to use this image because it´s super cute. Also because frogs are one of my lucky animal totems. I have a pretty collection of them. Not real ones, of course, but wooden, stone, plastic etc. :-D 

"Frogs are symbols of prosperity, wealth, friendship, and abundance in many cultures. In other cultures they symbolize fertility. In the Native American culture of the Southwestern United States, the frog carries a piece of wood in its mouth because the Mojave people believe frogs brought fire to humans. For the ancient Romans, the frog was believed to bring good luck to one's home. Native Aborigines of Australia believe that frogs brought the thunder and rain. Frogs are said to be effective in speeding up recovery from disease. Among the ancient Egyptians and Greeks, frogs symbolized inspiration and fertility. In ancient Egypt, Hekt, the frog goddess, protected newborn babies, hence frogs were symbols of fertility and birth. The frog is also said to attract true friends and to help find long-lasting love."

Details about my project... 

Image is paper pieced
I printed four images on white cardstock paper, colored parts I needed with aquarell colored pencils and fine liners, fussy cut all parts, colored edges with black pen and added some transparent varnish on froggie´s dots, belly and heart, to create glossy accents. After varnish was dry, I glued together all pieces.
Here is a photo of all froggie pieces.
Then I printed one image on a blue paper and decorated it, using a dragonfly stencil and colored structure paste. I colored the structure paste with a yellow tempera color. 
After dragonflies were dry, I glued pieced froggie on to the blue layer and placed everything on a white card base. 

Card dimensions are 148 mm x 105 mm (5 7/8" x 4 1/8").

List of supplies:
    https://www.facebook.com/kittybeedesigns/photos/a.486481158134202.1073741832.149982708450717/486481231467528/?type=3&theater
  • Kitty Bee Designs 'Lily Pad Froggie' from 2013 Good Luck Froggies Release 
  • white cardstock paper 
  • Graphic 45 paper collection 'French Country', 6 x 6 (Patterns and Solids)
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencils (yellow 3, light green 25, dark green 26) 
  • Koh-i-noor universal white pencil for writing on gloss surfaces
  • red fine liner 0.1 mm
  • yellow fine liner 0.5 mm 
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen M (medium) 1.0 mm
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
  • yellow tempera color
  • Marabu Light Structure Paste (805) 
  • white water based glue
  • UHU universal glue 
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • crafting needle 
  • Clear Scraps stencil 6 x 6 'Dragonfly wall'
  • palette knife no.1 


I hope you enjoyed my first spotlight project. Check out the Kitty Bee Designs Etsy Store, Kitty Bee Designs Blog and Kitty Bee Designs FB. Be prepared for super cuteness! :-D 
http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/


I am entering my project into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenges home page. 

1) Crafting for all Seasons Challenge Blog, Challenge #94 - Things with Wings
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.com/

2) Mod Squad Challenge Blog, All About the Animals
My 3rd entry to this challenge. 
http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/

3) Penny´s Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog, Challenge #212 - Anything Goes
My 2nd entry to this challenge.   
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/

4) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes
My 3rd entry to this challenge.  
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

5) Through The Craft Room, TTCRD Challenge from January 27th to February 2nd, Anything Goes
My 2nd entry to this challenge.   

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka


Update March 13th, 2015
I am linking my project to STAMPlorations Flash Stencil Linky Party
http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2015/03/artplorations-stencil-blog-hop-reminder-flash-stencil-linky-party.html

5 comments:

  1. Super creative, Milka! Love your paper-piecing and use of dimensions! I also love the bright yellow embossing paste you used for the dragonflies! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your how to on paper piecing, that was very nice. Love that frog he is adorable and your dragonfly's using the tempera, need idea! Thank you for the information about frogs I did not know that. Thank so much for joining us at Though the Craft room Door challenge.
    Fabulous ideas and great inspiration.
    Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
    rubber stamping is my game blog


    ReplyDelete
  3. So many details. Loved all the dimension. Thank you for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun card, great dimension.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x
    I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh he is adorable! Love it. Thanks for playing along at Penny's challenges. See you Wednesday for a new one!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...