Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bee Happy Card

Hi everyone :-D

Today I want to share with you this Bee Happy Card I made yesterday.


My card is a CASE of gorgeous card made by Francine Vuillème of 1001 cartes. I love everything on that card! On my card I used different stamp products, colors and embellishments.

Francine is a very talented and creative, pleasant and friendly lady from Switzerland. I like her style a lot! Before I CASEd her card, I contacted her and asked if I can CASE her cards. She accepted my request immediately. Thank you Francine!!! :-D

Stop by Francine´s blog, 1001 cartes, and see her amazing work! You can find her also on YouTube, FB, Pinterest etc. :-D 

http://www.1001cartes.ch/

And now, how I made my card...

I used super cute 'Bee' digital stamp and sentiment (freebies) from Paper Smooches

I printed 'Bee' on a white cardstock paper, colored it in watercoloring technique using only one color (Tim Holtz´s Distressed Ink Mustard Seed), water and brush. I colored Bee´s sting with black permanent pen. Then I fussy cut bee and added some transparent varnish on eyes, tentacles and wings, to create glossy accents. 

I colored white panel with Mustard Seed Distressed Ink, using blending tool, and splattered it with water, using paint brush. After drying, I printed sentiment on panel. My first try of creating this panel was reversed order: printed sentiment and then colored with distressed ink. Printer colors don´t like that and everything smeared. It looked really ugly! :-D

I draw a flight path with permanent black pen, added dimensional foam behind Bee and placed it on panel. I also added dimensional foam on the panel before placing it on a card base. I love dimension on my cards! :-D 

At the end I embellished card with black faux enamel dots I made.I learned how to make faux enamel dots from video tutorial by ScrapTips on YouTube. First I made glue dots with a glue gun on a backing paper and colored them with Staedtler permanent black pen. After drying, I glued them on card with UHU universal glue.

Card dimensions are 101 mm x 146 mm (4" x 5 3/4").

List of supplies:
  • Paper Smooches 'Bee' digital stamp (freebie)
  • Paper Smooches 'Bee' digital sentiment (freebie)
  • white cardstock paper 
  • Tim Holtz´s Distressed Ink (Mustard Seed)
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen M (medium) 1.0 mm
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (super fine) 0.4 mm 
  • UHU universal glue
  • dimensional double sided adhesive foam 
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss
  • pencil 
  • eraser 
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • scissors
  • Tim Holtz´s blending tool 
  • Marabu fine paint brush no.10
  • Marabu fine paint brush no.1
  • crafting needle 
  • Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature 
  • transparent low temperature glue stick 
  • baking paper
  • water  


I am entering my card into following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Paper Smooches SPARKS, February 15-21 Anything Goes (wk3) challenge
My 2nd entry to this challenge.  
http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.com/2015/02/february-15-21-anything-goes-wk3.html
http://papersmoochessparks.blogspot.com/

2) Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges, Challenge #80: Use a Sentiment
My 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.com/


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka 

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love the fab background behind your image and your homemade faux enamel dots, too. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is sooooo sweet!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!

    Mirefugiodepapel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OMG OMG!! This card is just TOO CUTE!! I LOVE the AWESOME design and the FUN distressing with the water drops!! PERFECT in EVERY Detail!! =) THANKS for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS and I hope you'll join us again this week!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joj, ova ti je super!! Obožavam pozadinu s ilustracijom u prvom planu i malo detalja... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Milka,
    What an AMAZING card you made!!!! Love the colors so much and your background is just perfection!!! The bee is so fun. I feel so honored that you CASEd my card. Thanks for all the mentions and the lovely words about my work! ^_^
    A big hug to you!
    Francine

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...